F4-210 - Format RAID redirects back to start of Initialize Wizard

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
no_sb_tm

F4-210 - Format RAID redirects back to start of Initialize Wizard

Post by no_sb_tm »

Hi,

I've just replaced all of the disks in my F4-210 with 4 x 4TB Ironwolf. It was working fine with a bunch of random disks I had before, but these were not NAS specific so decided to upgrade. Ran through the disk check process fine (all drives are "good"), got as far as the Initialize screen, went through this (however am not recieving Verification Code via Security Email address, but chose to skip this).

Proceeded to setup new storage pool, tried all possible options of RAID1, RAID5, RAID6, RAID10, RAID0, JBOD, etc. Selected Btrfs for filesystem, clicked next. Format RAID screen shows for a few seconds, stays on 0%, then redirects the page automatically back to the beginning of the initialize process where a password, timezone and Security Email are requested. Like Groundhog day!

I've tried resetting as per "Method 2" here: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=423 - makes no difference.

I've tried TOS V4.1.27 and V4.1.32 from here: http://download.terra-master.com/downlo ... n&tid=1767

Please help!
no_sb_tm

Re: F4-210 - Format RAID redirects back to start of Initialize Wizard

Post by no_sb_tm »

I've traced the code that causes the refresh back to the start of the wizard process as this:

/wizard/js/wizard.js

Code: Select all

function _format_process(key){
        var page = items.eq(index), process_text = $(".process", page), error_code = $("[name=error_code]", page);
        $.ajax({
            type: 'POST',
            url: './initialise.php',
            data: {"tab":'process',"volume_sort":data.volume_sort,"key":key},
            dataType: 'json',
            success: function(ret){
                if(ret.key >= barprocess.box.current) barprocess.circleProgress({progress: eval(ret.key)});
                if(ret.msg) process_text.html(ret.msg);
                if(ret.error_code) error_code.val(ret.error_code);
                if(!ret.error){
                    if(ret.key <= 100 && barprocess.box.current < 100){
                        setTimeout(function(){ _format_process(ret.key); }, 1000);
                    }else{
                        setTimeout(function(){
                            top.location.href = location.protocol +"//"+location.host; // <- THIS IS WHAT TRIGGERS THE REDIRECT!!!
                        }, 5000);
                    }
                }else{
                    hdd_init_call();
                }
            }
        });
    }
This code is triggered because the response from /wizard/initialise.php is 0 (which means that "ret" is 0 in the code above)

Code: Select all

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2020 15:19:12 GMT
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Connection: keep-alive
X-Powered-By: TerraMaster
Server: TOS/1.16.1
X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN
X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
X-XSS-Protection: 1; mode=block
Cross-Origin-Resource-Policy: same-origin
Content-Encoding: gzip

TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Please advise for your Ironwolf drives, do they have data contained and are they used drives?
Please try to low level format the drives and try again.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

no_sb_tm wrote: 12 Nov 2020, 23:21 I've traced the code that causes the refresh back to the start of the wizard process as this:
It seams the system failed to format your drives, from our experience, there is somewhere wrong on your drive.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
no_sb_tm

Post by no_sb_tm »

Hi,

I just wanted to post an update.

After spending 28 hours performing a low-level format of all 4 drives I retried the process and it worked fine. If others experience this problem it's probably worth noting that the first "symptom" that something was wrong was that the "Send Code" button was not sending an email to my Security Email address. Once I had completed the low-level format and tried again, this worked first time, and the setup process worked flawlessly.

This was the tool I used for the low-level format: https://hddguru.com/software/HDD-LLF-Lo ... rmat-Tool/

All drives are now reporting healthy and everything seems to be working OK.

Thanks very much for your assistance.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Thank you for your update!
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
manojkr

Post by manojkr »

Hi, I'm having a similar issue. All started after I installed the latest update.

Then I reinstalled the TOS and could initialize properly (didn't ask for time zone or send code). Then when I installed mariadb, it took me to the initialization page again and this time it asks for timezone which doesn't have any item to pick. Now there is also a send verification code option as well.

Cant move past this initialization screen.

Thanks
Manoj
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

may I know what hard drive you installed? please remove them, and format all your drives and try again.
manojkr

Post by manojkr »

I'm using 2 of these.

WD Red 4TB NAS Hard Drive - 5400 RPM Class SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch

It was working fine before I upgraded. You think I should still format the drive?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

I recommend you check your hard drive with following tools first.
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=1125

Return to “Initialization”