F2-221 Initialisation Failed Now Can't login

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
rjdb23

F2-221 Initialisation Failed Now Can't login

Post by rjdb23 »

Hi, hoping someone can help please, I updated my TNAS to TOS 5.0 following the instructions on the website.

Installation was fine and afterwards TNAS PC finds the NAS, login took me through the Initialisation process but it failed to get past the create Superuser page. I put in my Superuser id and password, gave my email address etc. and clicked to send the verification code which caused my PC to hang. Now after restarting, TNAS PC still finds the NAS, but now instead of initialisation, it sends me straight to the username and password...which it doesn't recognise, presumably since it didn't finish the initialisation process.

How do I get back to the initialisation process? If not possible how do I reinstall the TOS 5.0 again and start again without being able to actually log in to it.

Thanks in advance
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: F2-221 Initialisation Failed Now Can't login

Post by TMroy »

During the update, you configure the TOS system by using your web browser, doing this just like you visit a normal website, a web page unresponsive will not possible to cause your PC to hang. You better check if your PC or your Web browser is working healthy.

when you said "it sends me straight to the username and password...", did you mean the TOS login page? if yes, this means the installation is complete. but you may forget your new user name or password you just set to your TOS. if this happens, just try "forget password" on the login page.

if you still fail to find back your password, you have to reinstall the whole system.
here is the instruction to reinstall the TOS.
here is the TOS 5 installation page.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
rjdb23

Re: F2-221 Initialisation Failed Now Can't login

Post by rjdb23 »

Thank you for your reply.

It absolutely would not accept the correct username and password that I had just created. I opted for the reinstall, so thanks for the link to the guide for that.

All working fine now, thanks again.