Support for running Virtual Machines

Tell us your most wanted new features, or recommendation.
sseide

Support for running Virtual Machines

Post by sseide »

Hello,

as i understand its currently not possible to run virtual machines via KVM / Virtualbox /...
As the NAS models have enough power and RAM it would be really helpfull to have this possibililty to add further functionality to the NAS.

I know i can use Docker to run containers but for different reasons its not possible everytime to use this alternative. Sometimes its just neccessary to start a full blown VM.

Is this feature available with latest updates (and only webpage not updated)?
Or are there plans to support this in upcoming releases?
If this feature is planned - a possiblilty to import new vms (and export) via OVA packages will be really helpfull to not have to start from scratch with every vm.

I've a new F5-422 where i really like to see this feature.

Thanks,
Stefan Seide
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Support for running Virtual Machines

Post by TMSupport »

Hi, no new features will be added in TOS 4.1. Not so sure whether it will be added in TOS 4.2.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Support for running Virtual Machines

Post by TMroy »

The VirtualBox will be released very soon.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “New Features Wanted”