Wake on LAN (WOL)

Tell us your most wanted new features, or recommendation.
Namazaid

Re: Wake on LAN (WOL)

Post by Namazaid »

Sorry to disagree but a few months ago, my Terramaster F2-210 was working perfectly fine with WOL, and I've been using this NAS since 2 years ago.

I use it at home to store my data and as a Plex server, so I don't need it to be running 24/7, and the WOL feature was great for me. I could even make it work with my Raspberry Pi as a WOL server and also with Amazon Alexa!

But since the last updates, suddenly it stopped working, and couldn't make it work again. Even in the old TNAS-PC control panel, I could see it configured and running (WOL: On), but in the new TNAS-PC, it just shows "WOL: N/A".

So I can't understand why did you intentionally removed this feature when it was working perfectly fine.
paulpeeters

Post by paulpeeters »

Please add WOL. This is really a very important feature.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

this feature already added in beta 4.2.05
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

This option are already implemented?
It depend on that to opt for this brand or not.
For me is a must to have.
gingertips

Post by gingertips »

Also requesting for Wake on Lan for the F5-221 device.

Please note I have beta ticked in settings, but device software update tells me I am on latest version (so maybe beta version for WOL doesnt exist currently for F5-221?)
Knuddlzwerg

Post by Knuddlzwerg »

I did an update with the new firmware on my F4-220 today and now Wake on Lan works again. Many thanks TerraMaster! :D