Several TOS Handling imrovement suggestions

Tell us your most wanted new features, or recommendation.
zEtTlAh

Several TOS Handling imrovement suggestions

Post by zEtTlAh »

Hello TM !

I have several handling impovements to suggest. To give you a super short overview who I am and how skilled I am:

- I am an "IT Guy" since 20 Years. I own a F5-421 and since launch, I NEVER used TOS (not even one boot). I ran a 2019 Windows Standard Server on it (HOME USE ! But I payed for it !), since last week. Reason why I switched: MS License is to expensive, so I switched back to TOS (that I not even used for trying).

So, you can call me a TOS newbie.

- I don´t want to bomb you with screenshots, so maybe there are some translation issues. I do my best to avoid. By the way, I had several contact with your Phone support, that was really impressive and good. I hope the Forum is the same :)

(random) TOS Suggestions - but real good ones, from handling up to nogo:

"Sidebar":

- "Sidebar" the Button "Geräteinformationen" (Systeminformation ?) -> Implement a dock Function. If klicked, it is overlaping other Windows and also, it is closing if you klick on other Windows. Make it able to be alwyas open as Sidebar AND avoid overlapping (other windows should shrink to fitting size).
- "Sidebar": If you have created a new Volume, it is shown in Sidebar. "Syncronizing". But how far ? Add % for the Sidbar view. Reason is clear...
- Make Sidebar customizable. Add/remove monitors. Move them up and down on own needs.
- Add Sensors for combined Nertwork usage or every single interface (including show/hidden in sidebar)

Overall:

- Save Window Size or (auto) scale of all Windows if Sidebar is active or not.
- And/or: allow us to open (for example) Ressource Monitor AND do the Shared Folder or what ever Work the same time. Instead of go back to home screen and later switch back. we need more multi windows for depending usage (including sidebar)

Handling (overall issue/suggestion):

- Control Panel is a real handbreake. For example, (because you can not open multible windows), you can not open a Share Manager in a Window, while editing a User Accounts. Even worth, you can not open the ressouce monitor the same time to have a look for a replaced disk or space usage. 1xxx Exxxamples in back...

Ressourcenüberwachung (Ressource Monitor ?):

- Like above, should me availabe in separate Window, independent from control panel or so
- depends on device, but, network usage should be availe per inerface AND overall

"Hardcore Tech - no joke":

How about the SSD Cahe ? Regarding to Thiss: viewtopic.php?t=2288

It is not working for copy jobs. Since, there is no feedback, I tryed myself. I am a bad example, because my NAS was forced to be empty...

Anyway... Hardcore example:

- One guy is doing a MAthlap batch with 1Mio small Files. The other one is doing a 10GB Video export.
The Disks NAS (Iron Wolf Serie) are still going crazy. 2 days after the copy job finished...

No mater how long it takes to monitor crazy small or tall Files... Where can I see the cache Status ?
I have no ideam where to see, if there is a XX GB cache to "HDD" File Job is running... And there is more detail needed...

Anyway....

Sorry, for the long msg. I hope for a even long response.Lots of it COULD be shared with a large community (if allowed).

Thanks so on,
Marco