Better Plex support

Tell us your most wanted new features, or recommendation.
TerraNAS92

Better Plex support

Post by TerraNAS92 »

Hi,

One of the reasons I decided to go for a Terramaster NAS was that it is one of the brands supported by Plex for it's server.

But it seems that the TerraMaster is really lagging behind the Plex versions as it offers a really old one and that it refuses to install the newe'st one.
I always get a "Package is wrong and app can not be installed".

But that is not the worst part. Here, I unfortunately restarted my TerraMaster F2-422.
And after reboot Plex says "Your server is not handled by Plex. You have to reclaim the serer".
But of course I fi hit the "Reclaim" button nothing happens and I am with an unusable Plex sever...

And as such, a NAS that is intended to be used as a music file server that is also useless.

Any idea about what to do to reclaim a Plex server from a TerraMaster NAS ?

This NAS is getting closer and closer to a nightmare :-( Problems seem to be a common thing on this NAS...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
outkastm

Re: Better Plex support

Post by outkastm »

For package is wrong... message, make sure you download the package for your system version (TOS4 or TOS5). You can always download the latest version from Plex website and install it on your NAS.
TerraNAS92

Post by TerraNAS92 »

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

The problem is the same whatever package I download.

But I think my NAS has a problem with the App Center... as it refuses to install software from the App Center itself.

It seems I am stacking problems :-( Unlucky me ?
DaveTheNerd

Post by DaveTheNerd »

Yeah, it seems to work great. I'm running parallel Plex installations on QNAP, Synology and, as of yesterday, TerraMaster F4-423 running TOS 5.1.33. All three are capable of natively running the very latest Plex Media Server beta available to Plex Pass users. It was a non-issue getting it installed.

And that Celeron N5095 does a great job with hardware transcoding of media on-the-fly!