How to Shut Down NAS Remotely?

Tell us your most wanted new features, or recommendation.
slayer

How to Shut Down NAS Remotely?

Post by slayer »

Hello, I want to be able to shut down my NAS remotely without going through the TOS interface, how can this be done? , is there a command line I could use to shut down my NAS whenever I want manually?

NAS F5-221
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: How to Shut Down NAS Remotely?

Post by TMroy »

Update your TOS to 5, install the new mobile app on your phone, you can shut down your TNAS from your phone with the new app.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
slayer

Post by slayer »

I am already in TOS 5,
Regarding the new android app, it does not work, it freezes on a white screen tested on Samsung galaxy s10 plus.

I want to be able to extend my NAS remotely without going through TOS 5 and neither by the application, but by command line or by a link with an api

because I have my NAS which is powered by an inverter, but this inverter is connected by USB and controlled by a jeedom home automation box, so I want to be able to turn off my NAS with a command line or by a link with an API send from my home automation box
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

at this moment, it is not possible.
To shut down your tnas, you have to login the device and pass the auth first, all these commands transits are encrypted for security reasons. We can't provide you such a command line or api to get into the device.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
dmncstech

Post by dmncstech »

I too would like to use the app to shut down my nas.

Lets assume I have zero knowledge...
Step 1
Unbox F4 423.
Step 2
Install Drives
Step 3
boot up nas and create my user account
Step 4
Install Mobile App on my Samsung A21
Step 5
There are no configuration instructions that I can find !!
where are explicit instructions on how to setup app to connect with nas.
I would like step by step instructions on how to actually connect the app to the nas.
what ports do I need opened ?
do I need the nas in the dmz or ip passthrough?
what software on the nas needs to be running?
etc.etc...etc

Thanks in advance.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}dmncstech

Thank you for your detailed suggestions. Regarding the connection method, we will discuss how to make the explanation easier for users to understand. you can find some relevant instructions in the TOS Remote Access TNAS, online section. Regarding ports, you need to use HTTP/HTTPS ports (the same as TOSweb).
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

slayer wrote: 03 Dec 2022, 17:14
because I have my NAS which is powered by an inverter, but this inverter is connected by USB and controlled by a jeedom home automation box, so I want to be able to turn off my NAS with a command line or by a link with an API send from my home automation box
Does your inverter run in UPS mode? Also is your inverter connected to NAS USB port directly or to the jeedom box?

For my part I tend to use "Smart UPS" to supply power. and the UPS has a network and usb port. Network signal to UPS to initiate shutdown and the UPS should shutdown nas via usb command signal. BUT, you still need to login somewhere to initiate the shutdown unless you figure out a time schedule function.

[As an aside I really don't understand the desires of some people to shutdown a NAS which is, essentially, an 'always on', low power device.]
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid.
outkastm

Post by outkastm »

When the AC power goes down, you want to safely shutdown all the connected devices to a UPS.
In his particular scenario, he propably want to shutdown the NAS right away, and leave his automation Jeedom box powered as long as possible for monitoring.

You can achieve this by installing on Jeedom box where the UPS is connected via USB, the NUT server. Then configure on TOS a remote UPS.

https://community.jeedom.com/t/installa ... -nut/56661