Encrypted or rclone support to gdrive?

Tell us your most wanted new features, or recommendation.
nadsrsnug

Encrypted or rclone support to gdrive?

Post by nadsrsnug »

Hello,

Firstly, wanted to say I love my F4-220. Hate the fact that I cannot find a way to securely make a system wide cloud backup to my gdrive account. The way I have done so many times would be to simply use rclone via a mapped drive and use the crypt option route. I really want to just use this route native on the TNAS, but just cannot find a way to do it. I tried using a container using Docker, but just can't figure that out being that it branches out with too many requrement to use, like needing VNC to be able to just web into using its port 5800, etc. etc. and even all that I couldnt get to work. I am just hoping to all heck I can get someone to help me get rclone work work on the Terra Master and I will gladly document to entire process.

Also, is there anyway to use GIT (github)? There is an awesome utility called rclone browser that fronts rclone. I have used this one all my other systems and it works so good.

For what it is worth, rclone on my qnap works, but I had to us a 3rd party install.

Any help would be so helpful.

Thanks.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Encrypted or rclone support to gdrive?

Post by TMroy »

Hi nadsrsnug,
There is a app called GoogleDrive Sync in the application center, with that, you can backup your folders to your google drive. But currently there is not application available to do a system wide cloud backup.

At present, TNAS does not work with GIT. We will keep you updated when it is possible.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
nadsrsnug

Re: Encrypted or rclone support to gdrive?

Post by nadsrsnug »

Hello, and thank you for your response. I am hoping my plan of attack will work here. I am learning Docker (taking a course from StackSkills) in hopes I can learn to be able to use it to be able to to use rclone, the way I know I love it on my QNAP, MAC and Windows machines. It has become a very trusted platform for me. I just wont put any data on cloud services without encrypting it first. TNAS has cloud backup, but doesn't have the ability yet to provide a layer to encrypt which is a huge problem...of course, the if you go the service route like BackBlaze, etc. that does provide the encryption layer, that would work, but at a higher cost...

...back to my question. I am learning Docker to be able to have a docker image of rclone, rclone browser lets say...would that work? I have initially tried it, but for the life of me, I just don't know how to connect to rclone after I install the image. I ssh'd to the my machine, but it has no rclone on it :(. I also found out there is no package installer for the TNAS either, so you can't just add rclone to the device either. Really hoping Docker can be the shining light here.

-Alan