Feature Request: Official documentation and tooling for alternative ARM images

Tell us your most wanted new features, or recommendation.
Saijin_Naib

Re: Feature Request: Official documentation and tooling for alternative ARM images

Post by Saijin_Naib »

Charlie_Croker wrote: 10 Aug 2022, 19:45 The point I was making (and what you seem to have missed)
DIdn't miss that at all, just isn't salient to what I'm actually discussing here.
Charlie_Croker

Re: Feature Request: Official documentation and tooling for alternative ARM images

Post by Charlie_Croker »

Well guys, as much as I have enjoyed this discussion, its a moot point for me now as I am leaving Saudi for 27 months contract in the UAE, so as my final exit visa gets processed, and I pack my kit ready for the move, certain items will no longer be needed, including my TM NAS.
Good luck getting an ARM version of TOS5. Ma Salama
Ex Terramaster user. British citizen, Ex resident of KSA, USA and now in UAE.
Charlie_Croker

Post by Charlie_Croker »

And here they say they are developing a new ARM based NAS.

"As of now, TerraMaster has not officially confirmed that the 210 ARM series products cannot be updated to TOS 5. We're developing TOS 5 on a brand new ARM platform, and when it's done, we'll try to port it to the 210 series if possible. Obviously, this will take more time, so please be patient."

viewtopic.php?f=81&p=20525#p20525
Ex Terramaster user. British citizen, Ex resident of KSA, USA and now in UAE.
Saijin_Naib

Post by Saijin_Naib »

This is becoming more and more important as TOS 4.x receives no meaningful security updates and the F*-210 devices will not go to TOS5.x or TOS6.x, missing out on the newer kernels and security features.

These devices are a liability at this point.