APP Calendar Contact.

Tell us your most wanted new features, or recommendation.
gretor

APP Calendar Contact.

Post by gretor »

Hello,

is in the TOS 5 operating system possibly an APP planned with which I can syncronize own calendars and contacts on my TNAS. For example to set up my own CalDav server on my Terra Master ?

greetings

gretor
TNAS F2-221 - TOS 5
4 GB Ram
2x 4 TB WD Red - Raid 1
outkastm

Re: APP Calendar Contact.

Post by outkastm »

While waiting for an answer, you can try the 3rd party app available for TOS4.
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=3257
Will be also ported to TOS5 when TM will publish the app packaging tool for TOS5.
termaccount

Post by termaccount »

i tried to install apache but it doesn't work. The module is stopped and i can't restart it. When i try to start web ui it isn't reacheble

In error log there is this message:
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: fopen(/usr/local/apache24/bin/error_log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/usr/www/modules/apache24/www/5.php</b> on line <b>83</b><br />
And in access log i have this
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: fopen(/usr/local/apache24/bin/access_log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/usr/www/modules/apache24/www/4.php</b> on line <b>83</b><br />
termaccount

Post by termaccount »

termaccount wrote: 31 Oct 2022, 04:31 i tried to install calendar apache but it doesn't work. The module is stopped and i can't restart it. When i try to start web ui it isn't reacheble

In error log there is this message:
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: fopen(/usr/local/apache24/bin/error_log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/usr/www/modules/apache24/www/5.php</b> on line <b>83</b><br />
And in access log i have this
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: fopen(/usr/local/apache24/bin/access_log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/usr/www/modules/apache24/www/4.php</b> on line <b>83</b><br />
I solved my problem last night, sorry to bother here.
alex9385

Post by alex9385 »

That's a great feature request! Having a Calendar and Contacts app integrated with TOS 5 that enables syncing your own CalDAV server on the TerraMaster NAS would be really useful.

As far as I know, that capability doesn't exist currently in TOS. Their focus seems to be more on core file storage and backup features.

However, I did see the TerraMaster team is actively working on expanding their TOS app ecosystem. If enough users request calendar and contact integration, hopefully it will get prioritized.
alex9385

Post by alex9385 »

In the meantime, some potential workarounds:

Use CloudCalendar on TOS 5 to sync Google Calendar/Contacts to your NAS calendars. Not ideal for privacy-focused users though.
Mount CalDAV as network drive on a device and sync to TOS share folder.
But neither is as clean as having TOS native apps. I suggest submitting an official feature request! And comment your support here for others. The more interest shown, the better chance of it getting added. Fingers crossed we see Calendar 2024/Contacts apps soon!