ZRAM Feature request

Tell us your most wanted new features, or recommendation.
vb_linux

ZRAM Feature request

Post by vb_linux »

I own a TNAS F4-220. It has an Intel processor and for the most part I am happy with it.

But it only has 2 GB of ram. I can definitely update it by 2 GB more.

But I have a feature request. Zram module has been part of the Linux kernel for a long time. It compresses ram and helps the system with low memory like the tnas.

For your next update, please either include it as part of an update or offer a way to install it.

If your team can give instructions to install it, that will work too.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: ZRAM Feature request

Post by TMroy »

Sure, we will report this demand to our product team, they will evaluate it and come back to us with the schedule.
but currently, this feature is not activated, and you are not able to activate it by youself.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
vb_linux

Post by vb_linux »

Thank you.
vb_linux

Post by vb_linux »

Did the product team consider the feature?
vb_linux

Post by vb_linux »

TMroy wrote: 06 Apr 2020, 15:32 Sure, we will report this demand to our product team, they will evaluate it and come back to us with the schedule.
but currently, this feature is not activated, and you are not able to activate it by youself.
Hi,

Any feedbacks from tech team. This feature is used by Google in every Android phone. So, it will help a lot with servers with only 2 GB RAM.

Return to “New Features Wanted”