Malware tool

Tell us your most wanted new features, or recommendation.
Phillers

Malware tool

Post by Phillers »

There doesn't seem to be a malware scan tool available in the apps. One that can run un-attended and on a schedule where you don't have to be logged in
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: Malware tool

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Phillers

You can use Clam-virus on x86 TNAS, is this what you want?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Hardfecx

Post by Hardfecx »

But what to user for ARM users?
Phillers

Post by Phillers »

The ClamAV doesn't seem to do Malware, just AV. I was hoping for anti-malware like ransomeware etc
I raised a seperate issue ClamAV not running un-attended or if TOS logs you out.
Hardfecx

Post by Hardfecx »

Hardfecx wrote: 15 Mar 2022, 14:49 But what to user for ARM users?
I repeat my question a month ago, what can ARM User use? Or why ist there no Antivirus for ARM Versions?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

ClamAV requires a lot of resources to run, and the performance of the ARM model is not enough to support it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Charlie_Croker

Post by Charlie_Croker »

The truth is there is no app that can detect zero day vulnerabilities that lead to ransomware, if there was, the vulnerabilities would be patched.
To use an example I use when discussing cyber security, Anti Malware apps are like coming home to find your house has been burgled or is in the process of being burgled, the damage is already done.
Invest in the best perimeter defences you can afford, get a proper router, which gets frequent firmware updates and preferably one with IPS/IDS , practice good security in respect of clicking links in messages, emails and on Social media, don't blindly give any device access to your network. Make sure you check which ports are open and change default ones if you can. Guest devices are strictly on the guest network, use tagged Vlans and keep smart lightbulbs , etc on a separate VLAN.
Keep your various client devices OS & FWQ u to date and you should be oK. (there no 100% guarantees apart from death and taxes).
In over 40 years of computing, (yes I am ancient :) ) I have never had a virus infection, or any ransomware, and yeah I have 3 NAS drives that are on 24/7 and are connected to the net and I might have used the Torrents.
So in my opinion good defences trump an app that will only detect malware it actually knows about. Good luck!
Ex Terramaster user. British citizen, Ex resident of KSA, USA and now in UAE.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Charlie_Croker

Thank you very much for your experience sharing.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
myrix

Post by myrix »

A (second/highly specialized subject) Malware tool sounds goods ... like malwarebytes