Daisy Chained Raid Devices

Tell us your most wanted new features, or recommendation.
maylar66

Daisy Chained Raid Devices

Post by maylar66 »

Hi,

So I purchased an F5-422 to replace my D5-300. I see that I can attach external USB storage. So I figured why not attach my old D5-300 to one of the USB port on my F5-422? I assumed that would be a standard feature of TOS. If it is I cannot find it. Then I assumed I would need to download a Raid Manager like I needed to do for Windows. However I cannot find a Raid Manager for TOS in order to manage a raid on the attached D5-300.

If I am just missing the configuration please accept my apologies. Otherwise please consider enhancing the produce to allow for daisy chained raid devices.

Thanks
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Daisy Chained Raid Devices

Post by TMSupport »

Hi!
TNAS cannot directly manage the RAID array of DAS devices. Thus D5-300 needs to build RAID on the windows first, and then connect to the TNAS through a USB Type-C cable as an external storage device.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

you can finish your RAID setup on your computer before you plug it into your TNAS. is that easier?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Hobba

Post by Hobba »

i would love the ability to do this, i would go buy a das tomorrow if i can use it as a second bay of drives for my f5-422

perhaps terramaster can look into implementing this for us :)