New Features Wanted

Tell us your most wanted new features, or recommendation.
djonesuk

New Features Wanted

Post by djonesuk »

I have had my F5-221 for about six weeks now and overall I am very happy with the unit. However, I do have a list of suggestions for improvements to the TNAS software.
  • ability to free ports 80/443 for use by the user. I was able to disable nasips with no bad effects.
  • allow FileManager to browse all files (particularly /etc) so they can be edited through web browser
  • add wsdd2 so that network shares hosted on TNAS can appear in Windows File Explorer / Network.
  • upgrade docker to a more recent version. I was able to run the latest version by just overwriting the binaries in /usr/local/bin.
  • the python3 package is compiled with a bunch of options disabled including --disable-zlib which is necessary for pip to work. This makes the python3 installation basically unusable.
  • web based terminal emulation through something like xterm.js would be nice
I think that's it for now.

Many thanks
David
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: New Features Wanted

Post by TMroy »

Thank you! will add them to our list.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Saijin_Naib

Post by Saijin_Naib »

Glad to see someone else pushing for WSDD2.
outkastm

Post by outkastm »

While you still waiting TM to implement this officialy, you can give it a try as 3rd party app for x64 NAS wsdd2