Remote Wake NAS

Tell us your most wanted new features, or recommendation.
Roberbond

Remote Wake NAS

Post by Roberbond »

I would like to shutdown the NAS and wake it up with a mobile device.
I have the WOL option activated and works great in the LAN, but I would like to access everywhere by internet.

You can only access files with TNAS mobile but I would like to have full access as a desktop computer.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Remote Wake NAS

Post by TMroy »

Remote admin will available in future releases for your phone.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
evajames

Post by evajames »

Synology Router allows you to remotely wake up the wired devices from shutdown via the Wake on LAN (WOL) service. At Network Tools > Wake on LAN, you can join devices to the WOL service and wake them up via the MAC address or the connection list. Before applying the WOL service, make sure the target device supports WOL...
LewisFletcher15

Post by LewisFletcher15 »

It seems that the person would like to shut down their NAS (network-attached storage) device and wake it up using a mobile device over the internet. They have enabled Wake-on-LAN (WOL) and it works fine within their local network (LAN), but they want to be able to access the NAS remotely.

The person also mentions that they can only access files with the TNAS mobile app, but they would like to have full access as if they were using a desktop computer.

To achieve this, the person could consider setting up a virtual private network (VPN) connection to their home network where the NAS is located. This would allow them to securely access their NAS remotely as if they were connected to their home network. They could then use any desktop-based NAS management software that they prefer.

Alternatively, if their NAS device supports remote management, they may be able to access it through a web-based interface or a proprietary mobile app provided by the NAS manufacturer. They should check the documentation or support resources for their specific NAS device to see what options are available for remote management.
mts33

Post by mts33 »

As far as Tailscale was reilized for TOS4 and TOS5 there no problem to wake up NAS remotelly.