Rsync needs WOL option

Tell us your most wanted new features, or recommendation.
titanrx8

Rsync needs WOL option

Post by titanrx8 »

Please add the ability to add a WOL command to the "create" function of your rsync desktop. If I can add the WOL to my schedule backups, I don't have to leave my rsync destination server on continuously. I only use my second f2-221 as an rsync destination so it should be offline except when running rsync.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Re: Rsync needs WOL option

Post by TMSupport »

Will be transferred to the tech teams.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}titanrx8
You can set your rsync backup a schedule, and set your nas power on/off schedule to match your backup schedule. This is a ready solution.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

{L_BUTTON_AT}titanrx8
TMroy wrote: 13 Jul 2021, 13:44 You can set your rsync backup a schedule, and set your nas power on/off schedule to match your backup schedule. This is a ready solution.
I know that. Why not add a feature to your backup app that would make your product more consumer friendly? BTW, my Windows Home Server was able to do this 15 years ago. It was bi-directional. The server could wake the clients to back them up; the clients could wake the server.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

OK, we will report to the tech team. thank you!
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)