App Request: FreeFileSync

Tell us your most wanted new features, or recommendation.
Saijin_Naib

App Request: FreeFileSync

Post by Saijin_Naib »

I'd love to see FreeFileSync make its way to the Terra-Master Applications portal.

It provides a number of excellent features, least of which are hash-based verification of sync/transfer results, allow-listing, block-listing, and regex-based filtering for files/folders/etc to transfer, pause/resume, "sync profiles", and scheduling with the optional daemon.

https://freefilesync.org/
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: App Request: FreeFileSync

Post by TMroy »

you have many others choices, like Duple backup, AOMEI backupper, both can do the same thing.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Saijin_Naib

Post by Saijin_Naib »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMroy
Thank you. I have looked at them, and to be frank, I don't trust them at all.

I've used FreeFileSync for enterprise data transfer/backup as well as machine migrations almost ten years ago across a large organization. I've also used it professionally and personally since. This program is battle-tested and incredibly robust, not to mention Open-Source and widely used.

The only information I can find about Duple is your press release and a small handful of posts here on the forum.

AOMEI Backupper doesn't seem to have the same feature set and flexibility of FreeFileSync, either. If it does, their documentation leaves a lot to be desired.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Thank you for your shares.
One more thing, as I see the app is free for windows, mac and Linux with graphic gui , this means you it is ready for you now. you can install this app on any of your computer, and backup your data to any destination you like, including nas I think. why you need this app run on a nas?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Saijin_Naib

Post by Saijin_Naib »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMroy
Correct, it has wide availability. I use it from my Windows and Linux machines to back-up from them to the NAS, as well as from them to other USB storage.

I would like it on the TOS device to backup/transfer from/to attached USB storage on the NAS.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

As I said, This app is ready for graphic GUI, NAS is OS base on web, so this app not ready for a web application. If you want to backup your data from nas to USB, then try USB Copy app.