FTP over TLS (FTPS not SFTP)

Tell us your most wanted new features, or recommendation.
Manni86
Germany

FTP over TLS (FTPS not SFTP)

Post by Manni86 »

Good day, I think it would be great to have an option to configure FTP over TLS (explicit and maybe implicit). I have some users who I would like to give access over ftp and not over smb or sftp (ssh). However, FTP is currently only available without encryption.
If you consider implementing "explicit FTP over TLS" please also make it possible to configure the server in a way that it only allows encrypted connections (control and data channels). This would be really great because if not configured properly "explicit FTPS" will also allow unencrypted connections. ;)

I do have a F4-210
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: FTP over TLS (FTPS not SFTP)

Post by TMRyan »

Hello,
We are improving the SSL function in our system.
When we improve this function, you can create a self-signed certificate to implement SSL-based FTPS.
ssl.png
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
Manni86
Germany

Post by Manni86 »

TMRyan wrote: 08 Feb 2021, 12:59 Hello,
We are improving the SSL function in our system.
When we improve this function, you can create a self-signed certificate to implement SSL-based FTPS.
ssl.png
Sounds great, thank you very much. :)
Dirk1972

Post by Dirk1972 »

Hello TMRyan,

Like Manni86, I too am hoping for FTP over TLS to be implemented. My organisation uses a card payment system which adheres to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) and part of their compliance programme is to check for any vulnerability. As the TerraMaster FS-210 currently does not support FTP over TLS, it fails the compliance.

Can I please ask how near we are to having this feature?

Thanks!
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMS »

We need to discuss this feature internally.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @

Return to “New Features Wanted”