Persistent Configuration/Settings After App Update

Tell us your most wanted new features, or recommendation.
JayBlingham

Persistent Configuration/Settings After App Update

Post by JayBlingham »

Hello and Happy New Year TM team!

I know there are lots of requests for new and exciting features, but mine is more for something that should probably be a standard feature. Persistent configuration/settings after an application update.

For example, I just updated the OneDrive and Google Drive sync apps, and had to re-setup my configuration. Now, this is not a huge deal because they are easy to set up, but I think that the user experience would be greatly improved if we could hit the "update" button, and know that everything will work as it did before. I understand that sometimes the configuration requirements, or settings have changed and need user intervention, but most of the time this is not the case. It would just be great if the installation could detect that an existing config exists, save it, and restore it when the app has been updated.

Just a thought :)

Thanks.
Jay
---------------------------------------
F5-221, 5.0.171-00221
---------------------------------------
yerc1

Re: Persistent Configuration/Settings After App Update

Post by yerc1 »

JayBlingham wrote: 02 Jan 2021, 03:41 I know there are lots of requests for new and exciting features, but mine is more for something that should probably be a standard feature. Persistent configuration/settings after an application update.

It would just be great if the installation could detect that an existing config exists, save it, and restore it when the app has been updated.
Totally agree. This is a standard feature of every modern OS/ software.

Some even have an option to check that no breakage happens with an update.
F2-221
is my first NAS, bought in October 2020
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Persistent Configuration/Settings After App Update

Post by TMroy »

Yes, you are right. the app need to work like this. The configuration will remain unchanged in future update unless it has to.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “New Features Wanted”