Backup Progress Indicator for USB Copy

Tell us your most wanted new features, or recommendation.
JayBlingham

Backup Progress Indicator for USB Copy

Post by JayBlingham »

I'd like to see a progress indicator bar, or percentage complete, or even just an indication of progress/total (ie. 10GB/50GB Completed) for the copy jobs. I love that you can now schedule them (which brings back exactly what I was looking for when I was using Duple backup, just without the archive creation), but it's a pain to have to go into the File Manager and check the size of the Source and Destination just to know how far along the copy is.

Also, if I were TM, I'd consider renaming it to USB Backup, or Backup to USB since it is the perfect backup solution for people like me who do not have a 2nd NAS to use RSYNC, and have to resort to attached USB drives. :)

Thanks!
Jay
---------------------------------------
F5-221, 5.0.171-00221
---------------------------------------
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Re: Backup Progress Indicator for USB Copy

Post by TMS »

Thanks for your suggestion, we may consider it.
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @
neomikenet

Post by neomikenet »

+1 for a progress bar in USB Copy.

For the name, I don't mind a lot but on my side I'm using this for actually copying files (can be in both directions) and later also for backup purposes.

Regarding features, I would be happy to get a log about the tasks done (maybe with some statistics details on the copy/backup done, errors, etc...)

Thanks.
F4-210 // 4.2.08-2101111540
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Thank you all, will take all your comments considered in future updates.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)