Surveillance Application

Tell us your most wanted new features, or recommendation.
Stevd

Re: Surveillance Application

Post by Stevd »

This has been coming for at least a year now....I'm not holding my breath any more. This one I'm really disappointed with, and it seems like a lot of people have been waiting / wanting it.
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

Stevd wrote: 21 May 2021, 04:13 This has been coming for at least a year now....I'm not holding my breath any more. This one I'm really disappointed with, and it seems like a lot of people have been waiting / wanting it.
I bought my f2-221 for 2 reasons. Network storage repository and video surveillance. It's been over 2 years and I've moved on for the video surveillance. Standalone NVR with simultaneous feed-out to the cloud.
MacInFL

Post by MacInFL »

NOOB here. Planning to install a NAS on my home network. A decent surveillance application is one of the few hard requirements I have. Has TerraMaster ever provided a solution? As I think of the growing proliferation of home security products, I would think that any serious NAS vendor would have to support this?

After searching the forums, I saw mention of 3rd party product, "SurveillanceMotion". Is that a good solution as an alternative to TerraMaster developing their own?

From my limited research, I am leaning towards an F5-221. I have no brand allegiance or investment in QNAP or Synology (actually negative towards Synology) but will not purchase a TerraMaster if there is no support for this application.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Sorry for the delay. The Surveillance Manager will come with TOS 5.0 shortly.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Batten

Post by Batten »

Hi Do you have an ETA for TOS 5.0?
dannyaustin

Post by dannyaustin »

Hi,
What is the estimated release date of this app?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

it will come when TOS 5 is final release.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Grew

Post by Grew »

Can you share news on this topic?
Charlie_Croker

Post by Charlie_Croker »

To be fair, if your camera(s) support ftp, then you can use that to save footage direct to the NAS . (I know FTP has security issues in that ID/PW are sent clear text, but if behind your firewall, this risk can be mitigated). Despite having 8 camera licences on my QNAP, these days, I just use an old WD My Cloud drive with FTP on a VLAN to save 3K footage from 8 Cameras (I also have 2 Ubuiquiti cameras (G3) saving to a Cloudkey plus.
Ex Terramaster user. British citizen, Ex resident of KSA, USA and now in UAE.
Tomato112233

Post by Tomato112233 »

Hi

I am on TOIS 5 i get to survelliance station i can find the camera add setting and when it comes to the 'create' button it doesnt do anything so i cant add the camera please help!!!!