Deadbolt Decryption efforts by TerraMaster

Tell us your most wanted new features, or recommendation.
RhonBhay

Deadbolt Decryption efforts by TerraMaster

Post by RhonBhay »

Is TerraMaster trying to find a way to help owners of thier NAS devices decrypt /recover our deadbolt ransomware infected files, like what QNAP and other data storage hardware companies are doing?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Deadbolt Decryption efforts by TerraMaster

Post by TMroy »

We have not yet found a way to decrypt files encrypted by ransomware. If we have one in the future, we will let you know immediately.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
SINSENAS

Post by SINSENAS »

At this moment have my gas how a furniture more, stack and off, I need recover files, and my problem its for security of you Tras software, all users waiting for master key decrypt that only can purchase "terra master" to hackers, my system only can reached bye terra master servers, or info of terra master servers to hacker, Terramaster its responsibility of solve this,

Please purchase master key and send and public for all users, solution exists, cheap?, not, I don't remember bitcoin amount but I remember 50 Bitcoin for masterkey.

(remember my nas its off 1 year ago)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}SINSENAS

I think I have reason to suspect that you have something to do with such hacking.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
SINSENAS

Post by SINSENAS »

I think I have reason to suspect that you not have knowledge necessary for the job in position that make, and for launch this accusation, mi username and I’d of Terra master have many years old, for not help in nothing , not say nothing, I believe that you work in terramster but have a qnap in you home.
bidmead
Great Britain

Post by bidmead »

From what I can make of this conversation, @sinsenas has been hit by Deadbolt and thinks it reasonable that Terramaster should pay around $1.85m to buy the universal decryption key.

It seems to me that paying these ransoms isn't in the least a good idea. Encouraging this kind of malicious activity can only be counter-productive.

And I don't believe that we should regard anything short of an air-gap as a way of avoiding these attacks. Users and Terramaster will continue to strengthen the security of the system but software vulnerabilities will always exists, pretty well by definition. The only sure protection of any Internet-connected NAS, in my view, is systematic backup.

Terramaster's TOS 5 appears to be making great strides in this direction. One definitive improvement, I believe, is the introduction of BTRFS and snapshotting. Although snapshotting isn't backup, on healthy hardware it provides a first class defence against attacks like Deadbolt. And the combination of snapshots and backup that TOS 5 now offers should be highly resilient data protection aganst the inevitability of these attacks continuing.

--
Chris
SINSENAS

Post by SINSENAS »

thanks for you sincerely reply, my system was BTRFS, and I think same you, not pay cybercriminals, but I go more deep,
the attack maybe for give my data (user, account, etc, or catch illegally) of servers of terramaster, if not its imposible that attack all ips of planet for discover all terra master equipment,.

Good day.