Wake on LAN (WOL)

Tell us your most wanted new features, or recommendation.
evenblend

Wake on LAN (WOL)

Post by evenblend »

I am disappointed that Wake on Lan is not supported on the Terramaster Software. Are there any plans to add this feature? :idea:
DeepAnger

Re: Wake on LAN (WOL)

Post by DeepAnger »

Yes, I too miss this network function. The NAS is too floors below and used at most a few hours a day. If I shut it down, I need to be able to remotely restart it.
F5-221 + 5 HGST Ultrastar DC HC520 (He12) HUH721212ALN604.
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

Sorry, there is no plan to support Wake on LAN at the moment.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Knuddlzwerg

Post by Knuddlzwerg »

I have a Terramaster NAS F4-220 and in the old firmware wakeonlan was possible, for example via the Fritzbox. Not in the new firmware anymore. That's annoying.
Skope

Post by Skope »

I add me to the request, its very disapointing. Please send the request to the developers. Its a easy feature to add
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

I will transfer your request to the tech dept.and let them know that a lot of users ask for this feature.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Knuddlzwerg

Post by Knuddlzwerg »

Thanks a lot!
sensei

Post by sensei »

Add me to the list...
In the product Questions & Answers on Amazon (which are always a factor in my decision to buy or not buy a product) I had read that the F4-210 supports WoL. Lack of this feature was a k.o.-criterion in my decision between several brands and models. After receiving my unit yesterday I tried to configure it...

What a disappointment to learn here that the writer of the answer must have been referring to an older, obviously more advanced firmware!
Well, I have 4 weeks to decide whether to send it back...
TMSupport wrote: 25 May 2020, 17:36 I will transfer your request to the tech dept.and let them know that a lot of users ask for this feature.
Hardfecx

Post by Hardfecx »

You can add me to the list too
Simsim

Post by Simsim »

Indeed I have just setup my F4-210 and what a disapointment ! A shame that a basic feature like WOL would not be considered during product developement... I hown 2 other NAS from other brand, they are quite old but the feature is supported from scratch. Please let me know as soon as the feature is pushed on a new firmware. Many thanks.